Founded by entrepreneur David Farbaky, Aloha Construction, Inc. is a family-owned construction and general contracting company with locations in Bloomington and Lake Zurich. Since its founding in 2008, the company has served numerous clients in Illinois and Southern Wisconsin, providing side replacement, remodeling services, gutter construction and roofing services.
The company has successfully completed over 18,000 assignments and is celebrated for its stellar customer service and excellent treatment of clients and employees; this reputation was reinforced in 2017 when the company was selected by an independent panel of judges to the recipient of the Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) annual Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.
Started in 1996, the Torch Award recognizes organizations that ethically serves its community, customers and employees. Nominees for the award are screened for a series of criteria, including commitments to:
- Ethical business standards and practices
- Constant communication and reinforcement of ethical business standards
- Business practices that serve to unify employees within an organization
- Organizational commitment to ethical practices by executive/managerial bodies
- Organizational commitment to ethical practices by human resources bodies
- Organizational commitment to supporting the wider community and other businesses.
Aloha Construction met all of these standards to qualify for the Torch Award, in addition to a few more; having being awarded locally by the BBB, financially profitable, in operation for over three years and in possession of an A+ rating by the BBB, the company was nominated for the Torch Award, going on to eventually win it.
In addition to its construction work, Aloha Construction works in collaboration with the David Farbaky Foundation to assist non-profit and sports-centered organizations and initiatives in the Lake Zurich area. Partners and beneficiaries of the collaboration include Camp One Step, Learning Express, the Illinois Flying Aces, the Kane County Cougars and Lake Zurich High School.